Vacancy Business Developer – Leiden
The organisation is a Leiden based Life Science business company that merges scientific insights and business experience, and is currently looking for two Business Developers. They actively support Life Sciences companies worldwide through their strategic business development services. By working closely with their customers, the organisation develops tailored business development strategies to support Contract Research Organisations (CROs) in expanding their services at biopharmaceutical companies. Due to continued growth, they are now looking for two additional Business Developers.
We are looking for a Business Developer who will be responsible for business growth and identifying new accounts and opportunities. You will be working on sales and revenue growth; developing and implementing customer-focused business strategies and maintaining the contact with accounts. As the market is quite dynamic, forming strategic alliances with biopharmaceutical companies is a must. You will also work on the development of new business opportunities including the preparation and delivery of customer-specific presentations. You will work closely with our clients, becoming a virtual extension of their team. Typically, attendance at conferences, roadshows and other network related events will be required. This means that some travelling needs to be done, this can go up to 30% of your time.
In addition, you will also be responsible for the following:
- Achieve sales and revenue growth as set out in annual sales plan
- Recognise market trends and gain competitive intelligence
- Responsible for maintenance and update of CRM database
We are looking for someone that has a strong scientific background (PhD, MSc) with (preferably) at least 1 year of relevant work experience in business development, sales, account management or related. In addition to this, we are looking for a candidate with the following skillsets:
- You are a problem solver with a can-do mentality, able to work independently, and looking to grow in- and with the role.
- Able to combine your scientific background in the world of business, this with your energetic, enthusiastic and driven personality.
- Result driven and therefore looking for someone with the same mindset
- Commercial orientated, willing to go the extra mile and simply get things done.
- In addition, you are fluent in English (written and spoken). Any other European language is considered a plus.
The organisation can offer you the following:
- Full time position within a dynamic and growing company. A growing company means growth opportunities for yourself along the way
- They are offering you an initial annual base salary between €35,000 and €37,000
- Next to the base salary, they will also offer you a bonus up to 10%
- You will be provided a laptop and phone
- In addition, a training budget for professional development is included
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Associate | Biotech & Pharma