Vacancy Chief Medical Officer – To be confirmed
For a unique gene therapy platform with a breakthrough in API delivery methods, we are looking for an entrepreneurial Chief Medical Officer. Together with the CEO, you will spearhead the organisation into its new form, meaning you will co-decide on the position in the market and lead the process from discovery, to development and which is quite rare to clinical stage as well. With a current diversified pipeline and successful funding rounds completed, they are about to be ready for complete lift off. The API delivery methods are unique because they transgress current treatments for neurodegenerative diseases which are extremely difficult to target and to apply the right dose. With this technique, you can perform the treatment in the deeper structures of the brain with precision and accuracy from a single location and therefore have safer and more effective medical interventions. The potential is groundbreaking and because they are preparing to move to clinical stages, this is the perfect time to join the company.
You will design and lead the entire plan from discovery to translational science and clinical development, doing so you will have a wide range of responsibilities. From the pure scientific point of view during the discovery stages, to networking with KOL’s, to pioneering the future of the organisation, to building a development team and participate in fundraising rounds. If you are an expert in the neurological field with vision, ambition, people skills and an entrepreneurial mindset then you might be having the time of your life in this role. It’s true, this is not for everyone, we are asking a lot, but if this kind of depth and responsibility makes your blood run faster, don’t hesitate to reach out.
You will be working together with the CEO and the rest of the leadership team, contributing to the advancement of programs into and through the clinic. You will assume direct responsibilities on translational science through Phase III programs. Working on critical translational milestones as shaping the fundament for the development strategy. This will give you a unique opportunity to assume responsibilities on both the discovery as the development cycle and would allow you to make a huge impact on the patients and families that have been devastated by different genetic / rare neurodegenerative diseases.
In order to be successful, we are looking for someone with:
- MD or PhD degree in neurology or with neurology as a subspecialty
- Ten years of experience within translational science and early clinical development in neurology and/or rare diseases
- Experience in gene therapy is a plus
- A broad vision on how to critically evaluate and understand the unmet medical needs
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset
In return for your efforts, you will:
- Receive a salary with a midpoint of around €200,000.- gross per year
- Be the right hand of the CEO to lead the organisation into a new age of neurodegenerative disease treatments
- Receive stock options
- Work remote and/or on site
- Be part of unique technological advancement that can change the treatment for rare genetic diseases for ever
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Associate | Clinical Research