Vacancy Deputy Head of Chemistry – Ghent
For an entrepreneurial and fast-growing biotech company, we are looking for a Principal Scientist Biophysics/Formulation. Their technology allows for the discovery of peptide-based drugs, inducing the aggregation of harmful proteins and thus a loss of function. This approach will result in a totally new therapeutic modality! In this position, you are a key player in ensuring the emergence of new product candidates in the company’s product pipeline.
As Principal Scientist Biophysics/Formulation, your main focus is to find solutions to control the self aggregation tendency of peptides in order to allow the further successful development of the company’s lead compounds. You will have several skilled colleagues to work with, making it imperative that you drive projects from a scientific point of view, while managing all the parties involved and maintaining timelines and generating results. On a daily basis, you will position yourself as the highly motivated expert in biophysics, being a reliable team player who works well under pressure and functions as the go-to person for respective members.
As the ideal candidate you recognise yourself in the following profile:
- You have a PhD (or MSc. backed by working experience) in biophysics, chemistry or a related discipline
- With a minimum of 10 years (post-doc included) of hands-on experience in biophysical characterisation and formulation of biological entities in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical or related industry
- You are skilled in a broad set of techniques for biophysical characterisation (e.g. DLS, SLS, MALS, PFI, BMI) and separation (e.g. SEC, AF4)
- You bring expertise in development, chemical analysis and bioanalysis of peptides, vaccines, proteins and/or antibodies
- You enjoy liaising and monitoring the work of CRO/CDMO/vendors
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
This organisation is aiming for the stars and on their way there. They can only do this when you join them! At this small company, you will find the opportunity to have a significant impact on the successful development of a new therapeutic modality, have a broad array of activities, and enjoy a high level of independency. This is supplemented with a competitive salary package, including extensive benefits.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Jorrit van Dieren
Associate | Biotech & Pharma