Vacancy Development Leader – Amsterdam
For a world-renowned pharmaceutical organisation we are looking for an entrepreneurial Development Leader. Even though this organisation is incredibly stable and internationally recognised, they are still inventive and consistently develop breakthrough therapies. They are building a new team and a new platform to create a dynamic platform to counter emerging diseases. R&D are separated and you will be leading the development team. Originating from a family owned business, they still harvest those small time values in a now 40.000 people global powerhouse.
As the Development Leader, you will lead the biological development team doing live virus research with all possible analytical assays and create new cutting edge techniques. One of the beautiful things about this laboratory is that even though it is within a huge, bonafide organisation you are within a small team of specialists doing something completely new. Together you will develop and build a structure that is powerful, adaptive and a dynamic production process. With your virology and bioprocess development knowledge, you are able to realise this goal while leading and coaching your team to greater heights. Your full spectrum of responsibilities goes from strategy to process improvement, planning, team building, representing the department towards internal and external stakeholders and contributing to publications. You can imagine this takes more than just a bulk of knowledge, you need that entrepreneurial spirit that loves to build!
In order to be successful in this role you need:
- Energy and passion to lead a team of excellent professionals
- A combination of five to eight years experience in an R&D laboratory and two to three years leadership experience
- Broad and deep knowledge of bioprocess development and biologicals life cycle process
- A background in virology
- Soft skills like strong communication, an agile mindset and a proactive attitude
- A relevant educational background depending on work experience, varying from BSc, MSc to PhD
In return for your energy and dedication you will get:
- A unique chance to build and expand something new on the shoulder of a giant
- An amazing environment designed to move and adapt quickly to emerging diseases
- The secondary benefits suitable to international pharmaceutical standards
- A salary of around €57.500,- gross on a yearly basis
- A diverse, international work environment full of social and passionate people
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Associate | Clinical Research
+31 6 12 57 66 48
+31 23 754 86 60