Vacancy Director Services – Utrecht
The organisation is an innovative, service and international orientated biotech based in Utrecht and currently looking for a Director Drug Screening and Development Services. They have been founded to refine organoid development and foster organoid adoption globally. The organisation represents a paradigm-shift that bridges the gap between the lab and the clinic and effectively brings “patients in the lab” for drug discovery and development, preclinical patient stratification, predictive biomarker discovery, personalised medicine, clinical trials, regenerative medicine, and companion diagnostics applications. Due to several demands within the company they created this Directors position.
The organisation offers you an exciting and important position. The expansion brings new and interesting challenges of which you will be part of in the coming years. In the role you will be working on forming a service oriented department for the drug development and drug screening platform. Therefore, you will work closely with the other directors of the company, for instance the Director Research and Director Operations but also Sales & Marketing. This in order to further implement and optimise the organisations technology.
The activities you will be responsible for are quite broad but specific at the same time. As the Director you wil head the departments that are involved in the pre-clinical drug screening and development projects. Next to that, you are involved in both the scientific and technical conception of these projects that you will collaborate on with the commercial department. This is also in regards to the execution of these projects. Together with the program management you will be responsible for managing timelines, resources, budgets and report on progress and deliverables. Last but not least, there is a strategic and people management part in the position of which you will be involved in. Next to heading the departments itself, you will manage the heads of the departments as well to make sure that their activities goes as smooth as possible. Regarding the strategic matters; together with the Director Operations and the MT you will help optimise and standardise to support the expansion and you will contribute to the development of the strategic goals and achieving them.
In order to be successful in the position, we expect that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- PhD in a life science area
- Experience in working for pre-clinical CRO service companies
- Experience in managing laboratory groups in either product development or services
- Projectmanagement process experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently or in a cross-functional team setting
- Strong team player, encouraging cross-functional functioning with a proven track record in managing people in a matrix organisation
- Strong scientific acumen combined with commercial sense, conviction and collaborative influencing skills and the ability to develop a strong scientific network
The organisation is able to offer you the following:
- Gross monthly salary between €6,200.- and €7,500.- based on full time
- On top of that, 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month
- A full time position within a dynamic and growing company with varied and motivating challenges and responsibilities
- Dynamic team and have a position with autonomy and responsibility with opportunities to take initiatives to support further growth
It would be great to get in touch with you to talk further about the position. So feel free to reach out directly on my contactdetails below!
Senior Associate | Biotech & Pharma
+31 6 30 30 69 82
+31 23 754 86 60