Vacancy Drug Product Formulation Scientist – Ghent
For a young and ambitious pharmaceutical CDMO, already active in six different European cities, we are looking for a Drug Product Formulation Scientist on their Ghent site. To sustain the growth of the past couple years, they are looking to strengthen their formulation capabilities.
The company specialises in the concrete development of medicines out of the active ingredients developed by other biopharmaceutical companies. Aside from developing the drug, they also work on the regulatory dossier preparation and the manufacturing of clinical phase 1 and 2 batches.
As a Drug Product Formulation Scientist, you are the leading person of the formulation team and responsible for drug product development projects for clients with their new medicine. Within this role, you will have a big responsibility with every new project. You are in charge of the whole process, meaning you will make the whole formulation, make the design and process the medicine and also you will stay in touch with the clients to communicate with them about your achievements concerning the projects.
Hereby, in summary, the responsibilities with no limits;
- Providing technical expertise/scientific input on formulation development strategies
- Preparation and practical execution of formulation development projects
- Assisting to client meetings to present scientific data in a clear manner
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- PhD level education in the field of technology: (wet) milling technology, spray drying, fluid bed granulation/coating or injectable formulations.
- Finished master in pharmaceutical science
- Excellent presentation and writing skills in English
In return for your work, the organisation can offer the following:
- Ability to grow your skills in a dynamic and rapidly growing company
- Work on a wide variety of projects, for an international client portfolio
- High level of independence
- A gross salary as midpoint €54,500 a year
- Competitive remuneration package with extra-legal benefits such as: meal vouchers, group- and hospitalisation insurance and a bonus system
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Jorrit van Dieren
Associate | Biotech & Pharma