Vacancy Postdoctoral Researcher in Plant Receptor Kinase Endocytosis
About the lab
The VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology (PSB) is a world-leading plant science institute located at the heart of a renowned Plant Biotech campus in Ghent, Belgium. Its mission is to integrate genetics, genomics, and bio-computing to unravel plant biological processes and to further translate this knowledge into value for society. Please visit us at www.psb.ugent.be for more information.
Professor Jenny Russinova’s laboratory at PSB studies the regulation of receptor-mediated signaling in plants through subcellular localization and dynamics of hormone- and peptide-activated plasma membrane receptor complexes (Zhou et al., PNAS 2018; Ortiz-Morea et al., PNAS 2016; Di Rubbo et al., Plant Cell 2013, Irani et al., Nature Chem. Biol. 2012).
The laboratory (https://www.psb.ugent.be/brassinosteroids) is looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher, who will be involved in a project that aims at understanding the molecular mechanisms of endocytic cargo recognition in plants using brassinosteroid and PEP1 receptors as models. This is a collaborative project with the research group of Dr. Jiri Friml (https://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/friml-group) (IST Austria) in the frame of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) and the Research Foundation Flanders (FWO) joint project. The position is available from the end of 2018 with the start date to be negotiated with the suitable candidate.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bio-engineering, or equivalent
- A publication record in peer-reviewed journals and/or expertise in the areas of plant cell biology, microscopy and plant biochemistry
- To be initiative taking, to function well in a team, and to show a critical mindset, determination, and perseverance
- Proficient in the English language for both oral and written communications
- Experience in guidance of Master and PhD students
Desirable but not required
- Expertise in the areas of plant receptor kinases, plant endocytosis, plant hormone biology and plant development
- A 2-year postdoctoral position with possibility of extension
- A working climate, in which trust, international collaboration, and commitment are essential.
- Access to state-of-the art tools and infrastructure within an excellence-based research institute.
- A stimulating and supportive international research environment.
- Various training opportunities to broaden your expertise and skills
How to apply?
If you are interested in performing high quality science in plant cell biology, please use the online VIB application tool.
Make sure your application includes:
- A detailed CV
- A one-page summary of past research activities
- A one-page letter of intent describing how your research experience and interests are in line with those of the laboratory and research topic.
- The names and contact details of two to three referees.
Applications by email will not be considered.
A first review of applications will start immediately. A short list of applicants will be selected based on the CV and motivation letter. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews. Applications are welcome until the position in filled.Apply