Vacancy General Manager – Liège
For a unique spinoff from the University of Liège, we are looking for an entrepreneurial General Manager. By focusing on the translatome phase, they apply an interesting cycle of discovery, validation and drug positioning through A.I.-based software. This is an adaptive and evolutive model that can transform and be applied in multiple ways. For example, it’s currently being used for small molecules but can be used for large molecules as well in the future. This is a flexible technology platform positioned in an unmet need in the market.
You will be mainly responsible for leading business development transactions in this spinoff. You will work closely with the founding scientific team to help identify and evaluate new programs, assets, and companies for potential partnerships and licensing to serve the pipeline needs. You will have influence over developing the future strategy and will have substantial interactions with the investors. You are to be in charge of developing and maintaining strong relationships with key business partners, connecting with stakeholders and leaders to bring projects from conceptualisation to fruition. You will effectively build and foster ongoing or potential business relationships by identifying and screening business opportunities within (and beyond) the project, identify and contact decision-makers and propose adequate plans to execute, increasing the value of the current project and/or offsetting potential risks and challenges. Next to that, you will develop, build, and grow relationships and close business with pharmaceutical and -life science-biotech companies. Identify and influence key decision makers at all levels within their organisation. Influence and model the financial business case opportunities from inception to close. Identify and qualify new licensing and partnership opportunities. Maintain awareness of industry trends and other market factors (ex. Government regulations) impacting the business model. Effectively facilitate discussions and meetings and communicate with customers and project stakeholders. What you are bringing is a combination between understanding the science, the eco-system and the commercial side. With this in mind, you can propel your career from Business Developer to General Manager and grow with the company towards CEO.
In order to be successful in this role we believe you need:
- An MBA or related advanced degree, strong scientific orientation and proven experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech / Life Science industry
- 5+ years in business development roles in pharma and/or biotech and solid scientific background with an in-depth understanding of biopharmaceuticals
- Knowledge and experience with deal-making in the pharma/biotech is required
- A strong network (worldwide or regional) in the Life Sciences sector and demonstrated track record in leading strategic transactions including negotiating complex agreements and driving business decisions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences (colleagues, scientific and technical leaders, financial institutions, lawyers, pharmaceutical and business partners, collaborators, customers, and senior executives)
- A resourceful, strategic and analytical thinker and creative problem solver who can help shape both individual deals and the future strategy of the business
- In-depth understanding of the drug discovery and development process is preferred but not a must
- Self-motivation and interest for start-up companies
- Fluent English, French and/or Dutch is a plus
In return for your time, energy and passion you will:
- Get the opportunity to grow with the company to great heights and eventually even become CEO
- Represent unique technology that can save lives in the fight against cancer
- Become the third and final partner of the organisation
- Receive a management fee of €100.000,- gross per year
- Be able to set yourself up for life
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
+31 6 12 57 66 48
+31 23 754 86 60