Vacancy Head of Vector Development – Amsterdam
This organisation is dedicated to bringing innovative therapies for unmet medical needs to patients and currently looking for a Head of Vector Development. In doing so, each function in the company is directly or indirectly responsible for the lives of patients. This responsibility should be part of their day-to-day working life by living up to high quality standards and by recognising the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need. They deliver the promise of gene therapy – single treatments with potentially curative results. They are leveraging their modular and validated technology platform to rapidly advance a pipeline of proprietary and partnered gene therapies to treat patients with severe genetic diseases.
The Vector Development Group has two functions and responsibilities exploring and implementing new AAV-based vectors and production technologies, as well as exploring new technologies for the analytical characterisation of AAV products. Those two areas are major contributor to the quality of the AAV-based products as well as value generator by delivering new technologies. The activities are supporting the whole scope of AAV product development and should lead to alternative and/or improved AAV-based vector systems.
The Head of Vector Development is responsible for managing the VD Group and you will be responsible for the following:
You will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the exploration and implementation of new AAV vectors and production methods
- Exploring new assays to show quality of the AAV products
- Transfer of assays and technologies to the appropriate development group, in the present organisation either analytical or process development.
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises smaller, complex VD team(s). This includes accountability for the performance and results of the direct reports and members of the team(s).
- Organising a robust communication line to all other relevant function of the organisation
- Organises appropriate documentation e.g. study plans/reports and facilitates writing of regulatory documents
We are looking for a candidate with following qualifications:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Virology, Biochemistry or similar
- Proven scientific experience, preferably trained within the field of molecular biology, gene therapy, virology, biochemistry
- Broad hands-on experience in the field of molecular biology, biochemistry
- Experience with working in a fast changing and demanding environment, willing and able to act a proactively
- Knowledge about the design of vector production methods as well as analytical methods
- Knowledge of AAV biology
The following soft skills are needed for the role:
- Creativity and explorative thinking
- Thinks about new working methods or new applications
- Brings forward original solutions for problems related to the department and the function
- Focus on flexibility, to act in a fast changing and demanding environment
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload as well as workload of co-workers
- Proactive attitude, flexible, professional
- Strong team player
- Ability to explain complex technical issues, question, and answers in writing and orally to persons not familiar with the subject
- Bring together and maintain conjunctions with other departments
- Ability to direct reports of own team
- Signals problems, recognises important information, traces possible causes of problems
The organisation can offer you the following:
- Base salary between €100,000.- and €115,000.- based on full-time
- A full time position within a dynamic and growing company
- Varied and motivating responsibilities within a fast growing company
- Dynamic team and have a position with autonomy and responsibility with opportunities to take initiatives to support further growth
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Associate | Biotech & Pharma
+31 6 30 30 69 82
+31 23 754 86 60