Vacancy Medicinal Chemistry Project Leader – Louvain
For an ambitious Biotech start-up located in Belgium, we are seeking a Medical Chemist to support the growth of their team. This Biotech company is focussing on developing small molecules therapeutics within the neurology field. To support the ambitions and growth they need an experienced Medical Chemist who will help to bring this Biotech to a higher level.
As Medical Chemist, you will be in charge to drive small molecule drug discovery projects. You will be responsible for the chemistry activities of projects, including the design of orally acting small molecules, the supervision of their synthesis, their characterisation and profiling. For this position, you will report to the head of medicinal chemistry.
The ideal candidate sees him/herself in the following points:
- You have a PhD in Organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry, in the field of heterocyclic and organometallic chemistry
- You have around 5 years of medicinal chemistry experience in small molecule drug discovery, preference with projects in CNS field
- You have a track record in bringing small molecules hits through lead optimisation stage and towards clinical candidate nomination
- You know how to prepare chemistry plans, design new compounds, evaluate chemical feasibility and prior art
- A plus is, having experience in using databases like Dotmatics, SciFinder, Patentscope and chemical softwares like Chemdraw, Datawarrior
The ideal candidate for this position will be a well-organised individual ensuring smooth progress of all medicinal chemistry activities across multiple sites and disciplines, a highly motivated individual who can communicate effectively both within and beyond their discipline, who can work effectively in a team in a small, entrepreneurial environment, and who will be flexible and responsive to changing demands of the position consistent with the rapid growth of an emerging company.
Rewind Therapeutics cares about her people and will reward them accordingly. You will be offered a competitive compensation package that includes next to the salary, a performance-based bonus and good secondary benefits.
As basis salary, the midpoint is €69,000,- a year.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Jorrit van Dieren
Associate | Biotech & Pharma