Vacancy Principle Scientist Biophysics/Formulation – Ghent
For an entrepreneurial and fast-growing biotech company, we are looking for a Principal Scientist Biophysics/Formulation. Their technology allows for the discovery of peptide-based drugs, inducing the aggregation of harmful proteins and thus a loss of function. This in turn constitutes to a new modality in medicine. In this position, you are an integral part in further developing the therapeutic platform and ensuring the emergence of new product candidates in the company’s product pipeline. In doing so, you will provide critical insight in decisions that can profoundly impact the company. In short, this is a vital role with a strong performing and ambitious company.
As Principal Scientist Biophysics/Formulation, your main focus is to find solutions to control the self aggregation tendency of peptides in order to allow the further successful development of the company’s lead compounds. You will have several skilled colleagues to work with so it’s imperative that you drive projects from a scientific point of view, while managing all the parties involved and maintaining timelines and generating results. On a daily basis, you will position yourself as the highly motivated expert in biophysics aggregation, being a reliable team player who works well under pressure and functions as the go-to person for respective members.
As the ideal candidate you recognise yourself in the following profile:
- You have a PhD (or MSc. backed by working experience) in biophysics, chemistry or a related discipline
- With a minimum of 10 years (post-doc included) of hands-on experience in biophysical characterisation and formulation of biological entities in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical or related industry
- You are skilled in a broad set of techniques for biophysical characterisation (e.g. DLS, SLS, MALS, PFI, BMI) and separation (e.g. SEC, AF4)
- You bring expertise in development, chemical analysis and bioanalysis of peptides, vaccines, proteins and/or antibodies
- You enjoy liaising and monitoring the work of CRO/CDMO/vendors
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Availability and willingness to work in both Leuven and/or Ghent
This organisation is aiming for the stars and on their way there. They can only do this when you join them!
They offer a really competitive salary and an attractive package of secondary benefits. This all in addition to the chance of working at a highly ambitious biotech.
What are you waiting for? Let me know when we can set up a call via the below:
Martin van der Velden
Principal Associate Biotech/Pharma division