Vacancy Scientist Molecular Engineering – Brussels
For a young and innovative drug discovery company, we are looking for a Scientist Molecular Engineering.
This start-up, created in 2015, has developed into a stable biotechnology company and they are quickly expanding their activities. Their mission is to discover and develop new therapies and dugs for severe and neglected diseases. Their unique antibody technology allows for stabilising and researching “undruggable” membrane proteins, which opens a whole new world of possibilities for drug discovery screening.
What will you be doing:
You will join the Antibody Discovery Group as their first in-house antibody cloning engineer so there are plenty of opportunities for growth furthermore will be able to work cross- departmental and come in contact with the different scientific groups inside the company. Your work will support the antibody discovery activities, both by executing antibody cloning, as well as developing new designs for unmet needs.
- Execute state of the art cloning strategies of single genes and antibody repertoires
- Design new cloning strategies for unmet needs in the antibody discovery group
- Manage the construct inventory and align with the LIMS
- Communicate progress to multiple stakeholders
Working in a small company, your responsibilities will not be limited to the above mentioned. You get the opportunity to sett things up from scratch in a highly dynamic environment.
The candidate will bring the following skill set / experience:
- Master or PhD in life sciences (bench oriented)
- Proficient in the rational design and execution of state of the art cloning strategies of single genes and antibody repertoires (Gateway cloning, In-Fusion, Gibson assembly or similars)
- CLC Main Workbench or Workflow Manager experience (or alike)
- Scientific integrity, solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Clear communication of complex research results
- Enthusiastic team player
- Proactive and self-motivating personality
- Fluent in English
Having experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Antibody discovery
- Display methodologies
- Next generation sequencing
An attractive and strategic position in a small, ambitious and promising biotech company.
You may expect:
- Work in a dynamic environment with specialists in the field
- Broad scope of activities and learning opportunities in all related R&D activities
- Strong career development opportunities, grow along with the company
- A competitive compensation package with extensive benefits.
In case you are interested or have any questions regarding this position, feel free to subscribe through the button below or by contacting me.