Vacancy Scientist Molecular Engineering – Brussels
For a young and innovative drug discovery company, we are looking for a Scientist Molecular Engineering. This start-up, created in 2015, has developed into a stable biotechnology company and they are quickly expanding their activities. Their mission is to discover and develop new therapies and dugs for severe and neglected diseases. Their unique antibody technology allows for stabilising and researching “undruggable” membrane proteins, which opens a whole new world of possibilities for drug discovery screening.
You will join the Antibody Discovery Group as their first in-house antibody cloning engineer so there are plenty of opportunities for growth. Furthermore, you will be able to work cross-departmental and come in contact with the different scientific groups inside the company. Your work will support the antibody discovery activities, both by executing antibody cloning, as well as developing new designs for unmet needs.
Aside from executing state of the art cloning strategies for single genes and antibody repertoires, you will also design new cloning strategies in support of antibody discovery and manage the construct inventory, as well as aligning it with the LIMS. You will communicate the progress of your work directly to multiple stakeholders.
Working in a small company, your responsibilities will not be limited to the above mentioned. You get the opportunity to set things up from scratch in a highly dynamic environment.
The candidate will bring the following skill set/experience:
- Master or PhD in life sciences (bench oriented)
- Proficient in the rational design and execution of state of the art cloning strategies of single genes and antibody repertoires (gateway cloning, in-fusion, gibson assembly or similars)
- Previous experience with synthetic libraries
- CLC Main Workbench or Workflow Manager experience (or alike)
Furthermore, you identify yourself with following soft skills:
- Scientific integrity, solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Clear communication of complex research results
- Enthusiastic team player
- Proactive and self-motivating personality
- Fluent in English
Having experience in the following areas are a plus:
- Antibody discovery
- Display methodologies
- Next generation sequencing
An attractive and strategic position in a small, ambitious and promising biotech company.
You may expect:
- Work in a dynamic environment with specialists in the field
- Broad scope of activities and learning opportunities in all related R&D activities
- Strong career development opportunities, grow along with the company
- A competitive compensation package with extensive benefits
In case you are interested or have any questions regarding this position, feel free to subscribe through the button below or by contacting me.
Senior Associate R&D | Biotechnology