Vacancy Senior Quality Engineer – Brussels
For an organisation that finds its roots in the Red Cross and is now on the frontline of plasma therapies, we are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer. This is your chance to be part of an organisation that has a foothold in the historic context of healthcare. While the Red Cross started with the goal to prevent further damages caused by civil wars, now, since 2016 this stand alone CMO entity focusses on developing cutting edge plasma therapies for a wide range of international partners. To be able to keep developing and supplying the highest quality of plasma the organisation is driven by passionate staff, consisting of 300 employees in Belgium alone.
The position of Quality Engineer is positioned in a group called ‘QA Systems’ that consist out of 15 people. Within that group, you will be part of the validation team, a small team of 6 people. You will be working in an environment that is requiring you to really build something together. You have the possibility to show that you can do more than your job description. Because of new management, there is the space to develop yourself and demonstrate your full potential.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you ensure quality by monitoring and ensuring that all operations at all levels take place according to the applied cGMP quality systems at the organisation. In this way, you contribute to the quality of the pharmaceutical products of the company complies with the European and American cGMP guidelines. You are part of a team of three Quality Engineers Systems Validation. As a Senior Quality Engineer with a focus on validation, your work will mainly relate on the follow-up of validation protocols and you draw up reports regarding cleaning and process validation. You ensure the review of qualification protocols and reports related to qualification of equipment, utilities such as water systems and HVAC systems, IT validation, cleaning validation and process validation.
We are looking for someone with the following skillsets:
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in the pharmaceutical or food industry
- A life science orientated Bachelor or Master, such as Chemic, Industrial Pharmacy, Biotechnology and related
- Knowledge of quality systems is a must
- Experience with European and American GMP guidelines (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- You can easily handle the MS Office package
- You can express yourself fluently in Dutch or French and you have a very good knowledge of English (both oral and written)
- Coaching and training skills and experience with CSV and the validation protocols are considered as a huge asset
The following interpersonal skills are valued:
- An analytical and problem-solving attitude
- Result-oriented and decisive
- Customer-oriented, convincing, communicative and collaborative
In return for your work, the organisation can offer:
- Being part of a rich history and a promising future
- An environment that is dynamic, offering you room to develop many different skills and providing your own input in the development of processes
- A gross salary between €4,200- and €4,500, depending on experience
- Multiple modern secondary benefits such as insurance and ecocheques
- More than 32 holidays
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Principal Associate | Biotech & Pharma