Vacancy Senior Scientist Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry – Ghent
An organisation which is expanding their services and client portfolio is currently looking for a skilled Senior Scientist Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry. An enthusiastic individual who loves to work in the aforementioned setting by acting as subject matter expert. This position is a great opportunity as the MS facility needs to be set-up from scratch. The brand new laboratory space and the high resolution MS are already there.
The procedures, protocols, capabilities are to be developed by the senior scientist in cooperation with an experienced R&D manager. So, if you love to pioneer at a high quality pharmaceutical contract lab, please reply.
We are looking for a (senior) scientist who is able to operate advanced high-resolution mass spectrometry systems. On a day-to-day basis you, as expert in mass spec determination of intact proteins, peptide mapping and glycosylation analysis, will develop MS and LC-MS methods to characterise therapeutic antibodies and other proteins. At the same time you will contribute in CMC activities including forced degradation studies, stability and robustness. All the while providing sound data analysis and reporting activities.
We are looking for a candidate who can recognise his-/herself in the below:
- You have a PhD degree in Mass Spectrometry, preferably in MS of proteins and/or peptides
- You are experienced in high resolution mass spectrometry, i.e. time-of-flight and or Orbitrap technology and HPLC
- You are in expert in the analytical characterisation of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and other proteins using mass spectrometry
- You have a strong scientific background in the field of characterisation of therapeutic proteins especially analysis by HRMS
- You have knowledge in DOE
- You have sound social skills and are able to work in project teams
- You have affinity with GMP
- You are fluent in English
The organisation values the importance of her employees, therefore offering the following opportunities:
- A position with a lot of autonomy and responsibility with lots of room to take initiatives to improve services
- The chance to directly interact with clients and gain insights in a diversity of drug products
- Regular and high-level trainings on analytical technologies & GMP, but also softer skills
- A competitive salary and flexible working hours to match
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Martin van der Velden