Vacancy Senior Scientist Cell Based Assays – Evergem
An organisation which is expanding their services and client portfolio is currently looking for a skilled Senior Scientist Cell Based Assays with antibody experience. An enthusiastic individual who loves to work in the aforementioned setting and, by bringing antibody experience, act as subject matter expert. In order to progress drug development to its final stage and thus getting it ready for market introduction, a lot of steps have to be taken. A really important step in this cycle is the development and validation of analytical methods to support the release and stability testing of the drug substance and products, all in a GMP and FDA approved environment. This is but one of the services this organisation offers to its globally located clients.
As the Senior Scientist Cell Based Assays, you are involved in the biopharmaceutical development process of their clients. Next to that, you will work on building out the unit for cell-based potency assays within the organisation. Also, you will be responsible for the development and validation of analytical methods and the establishment of an analytical package to support the release and stability testing of the drug substance and drug products of their clients. Last but not least, delivering data and report according to high scientific and quality standards will be part of the job.
In addition to the scientific related activities, you will also be responsible for a small team of 6-7 people. It is also good to know that the job requires approximately 70% of lab-work and 30% of other responsibilities.
The ideal candidate fits in the following requirements:
- PhD in a biological discipline, preferably in oncology, immunology, cancer biology, virology
- Strong track record in developing cell-based assays in a GMP environment, preferably 3-5 years in industry (excluding post-doc)
- Extensive and proven experience developing and validating cell-based assays to assess the impact of pre-existing antibodies and induced immune response
- In-depth technical & biostatistical understanding and experience across a wide array of potency
- Experienced with following technologies: Flow cytometry, cell-based assays (ADCC, CDC, ELISA; MSD; Biacore, etc)
- Proven track record of developing novel analytical solutions for CMC activities
- Capable of working to the highest quality standards required to support development, characterisation and validations of cell-based assays effectively and delivery to key deadlines
- Demonstrated ability of leadership and strategic thinking
- Communication is at least English. Dutch is considered as an advantage
The organisation is able to offer you the following. You will:
- Receive a competitive salary with fringe benefits and flexible working hours
- Be part of an organisation that’s family owned, long term focused and ambitious laboratory organisation
- Join a dynamic team and have a position with autonomy and responsibility with opportunities to take initiatives to support further growth
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Associate | Biotech & Pharma
+31 6 30 30 69 82
+31 23 754 86 60