Vacancy Senior Scientist Cell Biology – Gent
For a young and innovative drug discovery company, we are looking for a (Senior) Scientist Cell Biology. This start-up, created in 2015, has developed into a stable biotechnology company and they are quickly expanding their activities. Their mission is to discover and develop new therapies and dugs for severe and neglected diseases. Their unique antibody technology allows for stabilising and researching “undruggable” membrane proteins, which opens a whole new world of possibilities for drug discovery screening.
The organisation is looking for (Senior) Scientist Cell Biology due to the expansion of their drug discovery team. Together with the Head of Biology and the respective project teams you will design, plan and implement a fit-for-purpose biological testing cascade for early drug discovery programs. In addition, you will plan and implement disease-mimicking biological assays using established cell lines, primary cells and/or patient derived cells. To make sure you do so you identify, evaluate and implement new technologies and advanced methods if necessary. As a result you are able to answer scientific questions that come up in different projects. Next to your work as a Scientist you also make sure that you support, coach and guide one or more of your team members to ensure a high-level scientific standards is maintained on all projects.
You will bring the following skill set/experience:
- PhD in (Cell) Biology or similar and at least 2+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in general molecular biology and various cell biology techniques
- Hands-on experience in disease-mimicking biological assay development
- Fluent in English and the ability to communicate research results to the team and other stakeholders across the organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills, such as highly collaborative, self-motivated, team oriented and problem-solving
The following is considered as a plus:
- Experience in working with primary cell systems and co-culture assays
- Experience with inflammation oncology, neurology or fibrosis disorders
The organisation offers:
- Annual salary between €40,000 and €55,000 depending on background and experience
- Also, competitive compensation package with extensive benefits
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in a growing and ambitious biotech company
- Excellent career development opportunity, with exposure to all aspects of R&D in the company
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Principal Associate | Biotech & Pharma