Vacancy Senior Scientist (Target Validation) – Amsterdam
We are searching for a Senior Scientist for a pioneering biotech organisation. The focus is on identifying genetic modifiers, to disable the development of rare diseases and cancer. They make this possible through their ground-breaking discipline of genetic modifiers for rare genetic diseases. They made their own target discovery platform, this platform is revolutionary compared to other biotech organisations. This company has an international and diverse team of twenty highly qualified professionals with a drive to work.
For this position are we searching a Senior Scientist who drives target discovery and validation efforts, leads the discovery of novel modifiers for rare disease, followed by the in vitro and in vivo validation/characterization of the identified modifier genes. For this project the responsibilities are to design the day to day execution and the conception. Most of the time are you spending your week planning, executing, analysing, and reporting on experiments.
As Senior Scientist there are multiple responsibilities you have experience with, for this position you must know how to make a plan and execute a defined research project, generate scientific data through performing wet-lab experiments and leveraging Contract Research Organizations, maintain contact with Contract Research Organizations to monitor and manage their work. You must also have experience in processing literature efficiently to rapidly gain expertise in relevant disease-related processes and iterate through hypotheses generation on biological mechanisms, experimental design to (dis)-prove these and analyse results in larger biological context and process literature efficiently to gain expertise in relevant disease-related processes.
The perfect Senior Scientist we are looking for matches with the following:
- PhD in life science field, for example medical biology, biology or a similar field
- 3+ years’ experience of research in a biomedical environment
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo models, for preference in the rare or metabolic diseases field
- Knowledge of cellular disease mechanisms
- Up-to-date knowledge and research expertise in lysosomal, mitochondrial, or other metabolic disorders
- You can verify a track record of success and creativity in your previous work areas. You have the ability to see beyond the limitation of the field you are working in
- Solid academic track record exemplified by high-impact publications in a relevant sector
- Fluently spoken and written English
If you are the Senior Scientist we are looking for, you will have:
- The ability to contribute to the development of novel therapeutic products for patients
- The ability to create an environment where teamwork is important to achieve the predetermined deliverables
- The opportunity develop yourself internally
- A year salary as midpoint €70,000
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Jorrit van Dieren
Associate | Biotech & Pharma