Vacancy Supervisor AGI – Oevel-Westerlo
28 JUL ’22:For a global and leading manufacturer and marketer of high-quality care products, we are currently looking for a Supervisor AGI. Their products are sold in over 150 countries under several, well-known brands. With a sole focus on prestige care products, they touch over half a billion consumers a year. Due to growth, they are now going through an interesting phase. For the first time, they will have a biological manufacturing site in Europe.
Therefore, they are now building a biotech plant where you will be part of and as the Supervisor, you will be heavily involved in the set-up of the biotech plant.
The overall and main objective of the Supervisor AGI is to organise and optimise the Biotech production activities in accordance with the department objectives regarding Safety (S), Quality (Q), Planning (D), Efficiency and Material Usage (C) whereby teamwork, motivation, and a proactive attitude with an eye for continuous improvement is key.You will also be responsible for technical-related operations, such as controlling the bio-processing equipment and acting in case of a deviation, ensuring a stable and safe course of the manufacturing processes, and monitoring the quality of the product and process in accordance with cGMP regulations.
Next to your responsibilities related to the manufacturing operations, there is also a part regarding people management. This means that you will be (end) responsible for a group of people. In total, you will work with approximately 20 people that will directly report to you. Given the expected rapid growth, there is a good chance that this will increase. In addition to the main objectives, you will also be (end) responsible for the following:
- Ensure and proactively adjust the production activities within the biotech plant that is in accordance with pre-set objectives of the department:
- Management of batch record in such a way that it is complete, accurate, and timely documented;
- Timely escalation in case of irregularities within the production process;
- Ensuring verifications and calibrations of the equipment used;
- Actively participate and introduce permanent improvements using the lean improvement techniques provided (5S, PDCA, RCA,);
- Participation as a project leader in improvement projects;
- Perform root cause analysis when logging deviations, define corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), and ensure timely completion and assurance of these actions.
The organisation expects that you will bring 3-5 years of experience in a biopharmaceutical environment where you are associated with production techniques.
Next to this, we also expect you will bring the following experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s in a chemical or biological specialisation;
- Known for problem-solving and Lean Manufacturing techniques;
- Knowledge of Biotech processes and protein purification methods;
- Knowledge of PC software (excel, word,..) and SAP;
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills – with rigorous Effective supervisory and interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to negotiate;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to interact and influence on all levels, both local and international;
- Able to provide training;
- Language skills: Fluent in Dutch (oral + written) and good in English (oral + written).
You will come across a company that is passionate about its product. Empowered to apply their individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, their shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion, and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of their colleagues.
The organisation is also able to offer you:
- Being part of a stable and growing organisation
- An environment that is dynamic, offering you room to develop different skills and providing your own input in the development of processes
- Excellent personal and growth package
- Competitive package with fringe benefits
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Associate | Biotech/Pharma division
+31 6 13 62 78 20
+31 6 13 62 78 20